OUR UNIQUE APPROACH
Our prior success growing and operating businesses has enabled us to develop a unique set of assets and resources which are very valuable to small and mid-sized expansion-stage businesses that are seeking capital, as well as practical management expertise and a unique set of back-office capabilities.
Over the past 18 years we have learned a great deal about what it takes to grow from a small expansion-stage firm into a much larger established firm. We are now prepared to leverage this experience and success by seeking out other expansion-stage firms and using our capital and our expertise to assist them as they build successful businesses.
While there are many private equity firms available in today’s marketplace, Birch Equity Partners can offer more than just a capital investment. The real value that we offer is our depth of experience that comes from years of hands-on, successful M&A, Back-Office Operations, Call Center Operations, Business Modeling and Communications expertise that we can offer businesses looking to reach the next level.
HOW WE WORK WITH COMPANIES
We build relationships with entrepreneurs and companies over time. The vast majority of connections we make do not immediately lead to a partnership; instead, we are highly selective in finding businesses in which we want to invest and leaders who value our ability to help them. If the timing is right and there is mutual interest in proceeding, we do our diligence, suggest terms under which an investment may be possible, and then work to complete the investment. Our ultimate goal is to deliver all the resources an entrepreneur needs to achieve their medium and long-term goals.
Our Investment Profile
Birch Equity Partners lead equity investments that range in size from $1 million to over $10 million in high-growth, expansion-stage, privately held companies.
All companies are unique, but in general, we look for the following characteristics in prospective investments:
- Enthusiastic, capable management teams with a track record of previous success
- Businesses with $5 million to over $50 million of revenue
- Annual revenue growth rates that exceed the addressable market growth rate
- Businesses with a high percentage of recurring revenue
- Growing target markets with the potential to attract strategic acquirers
- Defensible, high-margin, predictable, and scalable business models
- Profitable businesses or businesses with a discernable path to profitability
We focus broadly on growth industries and the flexible capital we manage allows us to invest where we find growth. In general, we look for investments in:
- Business Services
- Consumer Services
- Telecom and Broadband Services
- Entertainment, Internet and Media
- Financial Services
- Information Services
USE OF PROCEEDS
Entreprenuers use our capital for two basic purposes:
- To fuel growth, either organic or through acquisition
- To reduce risk, either by providing shareholders with the opportunity to diversify their wealth by obtaining full or partial liquidity for their shares or recapitalizing the business to reduce expensive or restrictive debt or equity
Often, the businesses in which we invest are profitable and don’t need additional capital to grow, but by reducing risk entrepreneurs are empowered to drive their businesses faster and create more value for shareholders.
We are comfortable being minority or control investors in a company and are willing to consider a variety of structures and types of partnerships. We are flexible in the way we partner with entrepreneurs and lead or participate in investments that meet the current and future needs of a business and its shareholders.